Sunday, October 9, 2016

Week six

This week I worked on the reference desk for two hours with Judy. There weren't any reference requests for me to respond to, so Judy trained me further on some of the databases they use. I learned about ancestry.com and also how to search the records for Ellis Island. It isn't as simple as finding a passenger manifest and reading it.

Saturday I attended the class on Getting Started in Family History. It was two hours long and I learned a lot. It covered how to get started on your family history, how to get organized, the resources the department offers, community resources, and a demonstration of some the databases.


 I got a folder will all sorts of resources to take home as well.
I am glad I attended the class. In addition to all that I learned, I came away with some ideas for the program I am putting together.

No comments:

Post a Comment