Sunday, October 16, 2016

Week seven

This week I met with Judy, my supervisor. We went over the outline I have for the program: raising awareness of why this issue is important, types of family stories, and different ways to preserve those family stories. We decided that instead of developing a separate, more intensive class focused specifically on writing, I could develop a short fifteen minute module that could be added to the first class. I'm now ready to start crafting my PowerPoint presentation.

 I also took a field trip this week. One of the librarians, Mary, works with the local branch of the Alzheimer's Association. She makes presentations at their Memory Cafe a few times a year. I tagged along for her presentation to see if I might learn something from this group that I could incorporate into my class. It was a very interesting experience, and as a result, I am going to see if I can incorporate some kind of video session into my program.


No comments:

Post a Comment